Autor Thema: Setting up your maps for Chart Selection  (Gelesen 31336 mal)

Offline prometheus

• Insight Map Creator
    • My/Mein Tackle Equipment: standard rod and reel, cane pole, etc.
  • My/Mein Echo Equipment: Lowrance CHIRP, structure scan, and traditional sonar
Re: Setting up your maps for Chart Selection
« Antwort #20 am: 22 August 2014, 23:25:54 »
First backup all user data if possible, because it will be erased. To get the unit to stop rebooting continuously upon powering up, you can do a hard reset (press and hold + and - while holding power after powering on the unit and seeing the boot screen. When you hear a loud *BEEP* you can release the buttons and wait for the unit to finish booting.

Offline siiverlce

• Jungbrut im Schwarm
    • My/Mein Tackle Equipment: Shu-Shu Lures, Egret Baits (Vudu Shrimp, Mambo Mullet), JM Rods (custom built), Minn Kota Riptide Ulterra and Talon
  • My/Mein Echo Equipment: HDS-7 G3 with Structure Scan, IMC, SASPlanet
« Antwort #21 am: 01 Februar 2016, 02:29:07 »
Hello. I am new to these forums, and I am new to IMC & Lowrance.

Is the reboot issue fixed? I like the Chart Selection idea, and I would like to start using it.  =)

Offline fjordfischer

• Moby Dick
  • My/Mein Echo Equipment: HDS-7 Carbon, HDS-7 G3, HDS-7 G2, SS3D, echoMAP-71sv
« Antwort #22 am: 01 Februar 2016, 07:23:25 »
It works. You particularly can use it for
- more than one raster chart on the same SD-card http://www.tacklefever.de/index.php?topic=5356.0 for different or the same spatial area,
- blend your own data with IG charts (find out the exact name from the IG chart and use it for your own files, watch for space) or
- for using theme charts for the same spatial area with divergent user option. Sample pictures:

Offline siiverlce

• Jungbrut im Schwarm
    • My/Mein Tackle Equipment: Shu-Shu Lures, Egret Baits (Vudu Shrimp, Mambo Mullet), JM Rods (custom built), Minn Kota Riptide Ulterra and Talon
« Antwort #23 am: 13 Februar 2016, 06:28:33 »
It works. You particularly can use it for
- more than one raster chart on the same SD-card http://www.tacklefever.de/index.php?topic=5356.0 for different or the same spatial area,
- blend your own data with IG charts (find out the exact name from the IG chart and use it for your own files, watch for space) or
- for using theme charts for the same spatial area with divergent user option. Sample pictures:

Thank you for the reply! I have been too busy with work to reply to you.

Is it possible to ADD a "description string" to a completed map?

Or do we have to process a new map to add this "description string?"

Offline fjordfischer

• Moby Dick
  • My/Mein Echo Equipment: HDS-7 Carbon, HDS-7 G3, HDS-7 G2, SS3D, echoMAP-71sv
« Antwort #24 am: 13 Februar 2016, 07:09:30 »
What exactly you mean? How long is the text?
Please give an explanation or create a photomontage.

The first idea - use an invisible point with text, for more text use a labled point with symbol and the INFO_BOX attribute (look here: http://www.tacklefever.de/index.php?topic=3965.msg30575#msg30575 ). 254 signs are possible and also attachments in the future.

Another ways is to create a vector symbol with text:

Offline siiverlce

• Jungbrut im Schwarm
« Antwort #25 am: 14 Februar 2016, 06:27:56 »
What exactly you mean? How long is the text?
Please give an explanation or create a photomontage.

I refer to your attached images in Reply #23 of this topic.

I made a map with current IMC, but it shows up in Lowrance as a Photo Overlay. I did not add the description string under Advanced Options->Atlas Options->Atlas Description....

Can I go back and add this description to my old maps? Or do I have to reprocess it in IMC (again)?

Offline gregory

• Insight Map Creator
« Antwort #26 am: 14 Februar 2016, 21:54:20 »
You need to recreate the file.  Once it's in AT5, there's no way for you to adjust the settings that the file was created with.

Offline Volccc

• Jungbrut im Schwarm
    • My/Mein Tackle Equipment: Spinning
  • My/Mein Echo Equipment: Elite-7 TI
« Antwort #27 am: 07 März 2016, 09:23:22 »
Tried to use this for .at5 vector maps. Selection works fine, but I got strange behavior in chart categories: list of categories to switch on/off depends on atlas description, and near completely differs from list for map without description with Lowrance type. Doesn't matter what I use, M= or D=.
Categories works, but I need to:
  Create map with desired name
  Check categories
  Edit my map MAJ_CAT MIN_CAT attributes
  Create map one more time, now all works fine.
What is it: issue with IMC, or maybe something wrong with my device? Tried it on Elite-7 TI (first version, maybe too raw software).

Offline gregory

• Insight Map Creator
« Antwort #28 am: 07 März 2016, 16:05:27 »
We'll look into it.  It's not common to hear back on the status of issues until they are fixed and released.

Offline gregory

• Insight Map Creator
« Antwort #29 am: 07 März 2016, 16:32:57 »
For reproduction purposes, are your category names/atlas description names in Russian or in English?  Roughly how many major categories and minor categories are in your dataset?  What Atlas Version are you producing?