Autor Thema: Having problems displaying depth values on contour lines  (Gelesen 8977 mal)

Offline TwistedRat

• Jungbrut
    • My/Mein Tackle Equipment: Buster S, 30hp Yamaha 4-stroke
  • My/Mein Echo Equipment: HDS-7 G3
I'm having problems displaying depth values on contour lines on my Lowrance HDS 7 Gen 3 with FW 3.5, no matter what I try there is no text displayed on the contour lines.  :embarrassed:
Attaching the SHP-file for the contour lines and a screenshot from Global Mapper showing the set attributs.

Can someone give me some pointers to what is wrong in my atribute setup of this SHP-file for contour lines?

Link to screenshot over atributes in Global Mapper
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eh32h4hbqkk0e2r/H%C3%B6ljessj%C3%B6n%20-%20Sweden%20-%20SHP%20-%20Contourlines%20-%20Globalmapper%20Data.JPG?dl=0

Link to the SHP-file in a zip-file
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0w6kxtcpc23mx1k/H%C3%B6ljessj%C3%B6n%20-%20Sweden%20-%20SHP%20-%20Contourlines.zip?dl=0

Best Regards Roger

Offline fjordfischer

• Moby Dick
  • My/Mein Echo Equipment: HDS-7 Carbon, HDS-7 G3, HDS-7 G2, SS3D, echoMAP-71sv
Re: Having problems displaying depth values on contour lines
« Antwort #1 am: 16 Mai 2016, 16:48:47 »

Offline gregory

• Insight Map Creator
« Antwort #2 am: 16 Mai 2016, 18:33:52 »
No issue with your elevations or using the M mode.

Two problems I saw -

Font should be a character field.  You have it as a numeric field.
RTP_LIMIT must be between L_LIMIT and U_LIMIT inclusive.  RTP_LIMIT of 16 but U_LIMIT of 6.

Offline gregory

• Insight Map Creator
« Antwort #3 am: 16 Mai 2016, 18:51:39 »
Note that there's a number of other issues with the shapefile that indicate some misunderstanding with the way you're generating your source data like using line buffers that are the same as the regular line and setting your RTP_COLOR to the same as your line color without any kind of halo.

These are only the fixes required to get the RTP points to display.

Offline TwistedRat

• Jungbrut
« Antwort #4 am: 16 Mai 2016, 19:18:20 »
Thanks a lot all your input, really appreciated. :freude:

I started without RTP_LIMIT and the other optional parameters for buffer line and also tested with MODE T but was a bit clueless about what needed to be present in the shape file, it kind of got out of hand a bit after I started adding and changing parameters.
Haven't used IMC before but so I'm still a novis here. :embarrassed:

As I understand it from all your input it's these things I need to fix in that order:
1. Change FONT to character field
2. Rename the shape file to not have a number to begin with in it's name
3. Change RTP_LIMIT and all the parameters "RTP_" to the correct value or remove it
4. Change all the buffer parameters "BFR_" or remove them altogether

I have now done these changes (removed all "RTP_" and "BFR_" tags) as I don't need that to verify text on lines are shown or not but I still can't get text to show.
I have done a hard factory reset to elimination that as a cause but are there any settings in the HDS Gen 3 SW 3.5 that I need to edit from factory default values?

Screen image of the new format of the parameters
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7zi9oigeat17r5u/H%C3%B6ljessj%C3%B6n%20-%20Sweden%20-%20SHP%20-%20Contourlines%20-%20Globalmapper%20Datatypes2.JPG?dl=0

Screen image of the values of the parameters after editing
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vpzja742xhen322/H%C3%B6ljessj%C3%B6n%20-%20Sweden%20-%20SHP%20-%20Contourlines%20-%20Globalmapper%20Data2.JPG?dl=0

Please send the working SHP-file to roger.bengtsson75@gmail.com  so I can rule out any errors in the HDS.

My compete map of this lake is about 3GB of data but here is a simplified KMZ-file to give you a peek at how it will look on the HDS when finished.
Was a lot of work scanning this lake alone but it's starting to get descent now.  :smiley:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/e602h7x6qkx41hv/H%C3%B6ljessj%C3%B6n.kmz?dl=0

Best regards Roger

Offline gregory

• Insight Map Creator
« Antwort #5 am: 16 Mai 2016, 20:19:15 »
If you want the points along the line, you need the RTP_LIMIT and RTP_COLOR fields.

The MODE attribute identifies what type of data the VALUE is.
The FONT indicates what size, whether it's bold, and whether it's overlaid.
The RTP_LIMIT indicates how zoomed out the text/icon should be drawn (defaulted to the lower limit).
The RTP_COLOR indicates what color the text should be drawn (defaulted to transparent).

VALUE2 is not needed on elevation polylines.

Ignore the file naming restrictions.  How you name the source files is almost entirely irrelevant.  If it's fine in Windows, it's fine in the IMC.

Offline TwistedRat

• Jungbrut
« Antwort #6 am: 16 Mai 2016, 20:44:08 »
I got a corrected shape file from fjordfischer that works so I'll manage to scale away from that one to find the bare minimum of data needed to displays the depth data from the contour lines OK.  :freude:

Best regards Roger

Offline davidoff2464

• Jungbrut im Schwarm
« Antwort #7 am: 19 Dezember 2016, 08:19:20 »
Hi,
I am also having problems displaying depth values on contour lines on my simrad go5.
I'm able to see the label-value only at 100meter zoom range but this shape is just a general depth contours, I would like to see the label as per RTP Limit at 16 zoom range level at least. Another issue is about the pop up info. I am unable to get "depth contours" label to tap and get more info. File is attached
Any help is appreciated.
thanks

Offline gregory

• Insight Map Creator
« Antwort #8 am: 03 Januar 2017, 16:01:21 »
The maximum limit of the RTP is affected by the length of the lines.  The RTP_LIMIT is a maximum visibility but the visibility may not reach that number.

This is identified as an area of improvement with the software but many not be adjusted for a while.