Autor Thema: Newbie Looking for help/tutorial  (Gelesen 25952 mal)

Offline ods-homer

• Jungbrut im Schwarm
  • My/Mein Echo Equipment: Elite-5 TI
Re: Newbie Looking for help/tutorial
« Antwort #30 am: 11 August 2017, 12:49:49 »
If you just want a better backgrounhd map, you simply could create your own map by downloading your area from Open Street Map and create with IMC.

This video is also available with english subtitles ...

lovely accent  :fiesgrins:
I'm bavarian as well....

I made a map for my Elite 5TI following your tutorial.
That worked great, but I have one funny feature: whereas all areas like agricultural, sand etc are shown in plain colours, the wood areas look like real wood

Is that a bug or a feature?

Offline gregory

• Insight Map Creator
« Antwort #31 am: 11 August 2017, 16:16:18 »
Feature but it's easy to change if it's not to your taste.

The icon was based on satellite imagery in some nearby woods that I thought tiled fairly well.

Go to View->Icon Documentation->Icon Documentation Window
Find the "OSM_FILL_FOREST" in the window
Double click on the name and do "Add Icon(s)" with an empty name.
This selected icon can be anything (solid color or icon more to your liking).
Go to View->Icon Documentation->Save Icon Library

Any new OSM data will be processed with your modified icon as a tiled fill.

If you want to revert to the original icon, you can replace the InsightMapCreator.dat with the original or you can import the fill forest from the IMC_Icons zip (don't remember if I included that with V0.7.4.0).

Offline ods-homer

• Jungbrut im Schwarm
  • My/Mein Echo Equipment: Elite-5 TI
« Antwort #32 am: 11 August 2017, 16:36:33 »
Thanks for the quick reply  :freude:

But knowing now it's a feature and i didn't mess anything up when making the map I think I'll just keep it as it is to honour your work  :fiesgrins:

Offline las97ttu

• Jungbrut
  • My/Mein Echo Equipment: Hook-5
« Antwort #33 am: 19 Februar 2018, 08:59:03 »
Hello!
I'm working on my first vector map for Hook-5 device and have a problem with its displaying. Seems like doing something wrong.
All *.at5 files are not seeing on the emulator or device, just a black square seen that comes from the "map wrapping" feature of the IMC (see attach, Finland region).
The source shape files are vectors that are fully opened and accessible on the internet. I'm just opening them in QGIS and convert to the right wgs84 projection. May be some optional features should be activated there in QGIS (see attach)?
All possible attributes from IMC manual are added do dbf file but I'm not sure if they adjusted correctly, could you check that please?
Any ideas are welcome!
Thanks!

Offline fjordfischer

• Moby Dick
  • My/Mein Echo Equipment: HDS-7 Carbon, HDS-7 G3, HDS-7 G2, SS3D, echoMAP-71sv
« Antwort #34 am: 19 Februar 2018, 19:11:26 »
The most important problem is, that you have no select any color for area and border. I've select COLOR as "11" and BDR_COLOR as "1" ("11" give a continuous area). "255" is transparent.

But you should "merge" the areas with lines as borders between the shape areas.

Offline las97ttu

• Jungbrut
« Antwort #35 am: 20 Februar 2018, 13:04:17 »
fjordfischer, Thanks you, that was the problem really!
But I have one problem more- some thin horizontal lines appear on the emulator and the device after converting in ICM. They do not disappear after zooming in or out, seem like a constant lines. What could be the reason of such a lines?
angler.ee/test.zip

Offline gregory

• Insight Map Creator
« Antwort #36 am: 20 Februar 2018, 16:08:53 »
Rendering issue on that chart plotter.  That geometry is technically not in the data.

In the next versions of the IMC (beta), there is a polygon clean performed which cleans up these lines.

When data is clipped to a block, it's done by polygon part.  On a corner that, for example, connects on the top and right of the block but not the top right, there can be a fill part that that goes to the corner and a hole part that goes to the corner.  With a Inside/Outside fill, you should be able to prevent this hole section from being rendered (which NOS does but not Blue/Indigo/Violet) if you can account for this not being a border (which the current IMC does).  However, if this doesn't work (because of rendering issues), your only recourse is to cut the hole out of the fill in the geometry (cross polygon part merging).

Offline las97ttu

• Jungbrut
« Antwort #37 am: 21 Februar 2018, 08:32:02 »
gregory,
ok, thanks!

Offline alexh

• Jungbrut
  • My/Mein Echo Equipment: Elite-7 TI, TS
« Antwort #38 am: 26 Februar 2019, 19:24:17 »
I know this is an older post, but i didn't wanted to start a new topic, because it's somehow related to this.
I year ago a started using IMC for creating my own custom maps with satellite images. And I found at that time that there are lot's of methods.

[Moderator Comment]
The linking to content that violates national or international law, as well as instructions that may have this goal is prohibited.
Therefore, this contribution has been moderated and the relevant parts has been deleted.
, Danke