Author Topic: IMC Error Message with Version 7.4.31  (Read 2357 times)

Offline Egret

• Jungbrut
    • My/Mein Tackle Equipment: shimano
  • My/Mein Echo Equipment: HDS-7 Carbon, Simrad and others
IMC Error Message with Version 7.4.31
« on: 25 April 2019, 00:47:52 »
I am running raster on a bunch of folders that each contain a few thousand 10kx10k images.
The process proceeds but this message below has popped up for a number of the specific images in a few of the folders.

WARNING: Image has invalid pixel area (D:/directory/foldername/foldername2/foldername3/\imagename.jp2)

It looks like it is not recognizing this photo and the path at the end of the message has the backslash just like what is shown.  I don't know why.

Anyone know what this is?  I have looked at the location of the few images affected by this message and they are all in the same directory with lots of others that received no error.  I find nothing different with them including the projection.

Offline gregory

• Insight Map Creator
Re: IMC Error Message with Version 7.4.31
« Reply #1 on: 25 April 2019, 16:11:59 »
It means the determinant of the pixel area is 0.  Your pixel isn't a square, rectangle, or parallelogram...it's a flat line or a point.

Offline Egret

• Jungbrut
    • My/Mein Tackle Equipment: shimano
  • My/Mein Echo Equipment: HDS-7 Carbon, Simrad and others
« Reply #2 on: 25 April 2019, 17:52:25 »
mmm...If I go to those referenced images they each will load perfectly fine in image viewers and also Global Mapper.  I wonder why the IMC would recognize them differently from the other programs which load those images with no issue.

I suppose I could delete them from the folders and re export those and see what happens.  The affected images were created the same as all of the others in the folder within the same export process supposedly with square pixels.

Offline gregory

• Insight Map Creator
« Reply #3 on: 25 April 2019, 19:51:50 »
More than likely an issue with the world files.