Autor Thema: Setting up your maps for Chart Selection  (Gelesen 31077 mal)

Offline gregory

• Insight Map Creator
Setting up your maps for Chart Selection
« am: 29 Juni 2014, 15:53:20 »
Starting with the HDS Gen2 3.0 Software Update we have support for Chart Selection on the units.  What this basically means is that when you select your charts out of this menu, the other maps will not be visible and you'll just get the maps you selected.  This is all controlled by the description string.

Zitat
Chart Selection Menu Update – new selection menu lists available for Navionics, Lowrance, CMAP MAX-N+ and other 3rd party mapping options by name.

The description string is made up of multiple key-value pairs separated by a pipe delimiter but, for the purposes of this tutorial, I'll only break down the 2 you need to know about.

Keys
  • "M" - Manufacturer.  This is the name of your company
  • "D" - Description.  This is the description used to describe the chart

Both of these keys are optional and do not need set.  If neither key is set, your maps will go under the Lowrance Chart Selection and use traditional chart replacement.

So, for example, if you were producing maps for a fictional company named ABC and your map was Billy Bob's Pond, you would set up your description string as - M=ABC|D=Billy Bob's Pond and your map would then be individually selectable apart from the other chart sources.

To set the description string in the IMC, go to Advanced Options->Atlas Options->Atlas Description....

Offline Luke

• Administrator
  • Luke Rheinwalker
    • My/Mein Tackle Equipment: Speedmaster, Beastmaster, Pezon et Michel, Viento, Twin Power, Stradic und anderes.
  • My/Mein Echo Equipment: HDS-9 Carbon, Elite-12 TI, HOOK2-7 HDI(SS), HDS-7 G3, HDS-7 G2T, Elite-7 Chirp, Motorguide Xi5, Humminbird ASGRHA, Raymarine Dragonfly-5Pro, ReefMaster
Re: Setting up your maps for Chart Selection
« Antwort #1 am: 29 Juni 2014, 17:04:42 »
This is a really nice feature, thank you.  :freude:
Grüße
Luke

Offline fjordfischer

• Moby Dick
  • My/Mein Echo Equipment: HDS-7 Carbon, HDS-7 G3, HDS-7 G2, SS3D, echoMAP-71sv
« Antwort #2 am: 29 Juni 2014, 20:51:10 »
Hello Greg,

ist a good tool and it works fine.

This tip can also be a good help, espacially if i create a chart for a friend with a new unit. He put the chart in the unit and - nothing is to see, because the unit is set on "Naviconics" by the dealer. With this feature a question appears and the user now know - he must set to other chart constellation.

But i found: Do never name Your charts "M=Lowrance" without "D=..." (or also with - no tested)! This can be make problems.

Thanks and best wishes
fjordfisher

Offline DannyGeysen

• Barsch
« Antwort #3 am: 29 Juni 2014, 21:59:27 »
Yes indeed, a really nice new feature Greg.
Please, let them coming.   :applause:

Offline gregory

• Insight Map Creator
« Antwort #4 am: 29 Juni 2014, 22:43:14 »
Hello Greg,

ist a good tool and it works fine.

This tip can also be a good help, espacially if i create a chart for a friend with a new unit. He put the chart in the unit and - nothing is to see, because the unit is set on "Naviconics" by the dealer. With this feature a question appears and the user now know - he must set to other chart constellation.

But i found: Do never name Your charts "M=Lowrance" without "D=..." (or also with - no tested)! This can be make problems.

Thanks and best wishes
fjordfisher

What happens when you do that?

Offline fjordfischer

• Moby Dick
« Antwort #5 am: 30 Juni 2014, 08:23:40 »
I find in the chart sources: 1 x Navionics and 2 x Lowrance. One of this (my) "Lowrance" not display my chart. If i want to restart the unit, it reboot again and again - i must break the battery connection.

Offline gregory

• Insight Map Creator
« Antwort #6 am: 30 Juni 2014, 13:24:32 »
Interesting...we'll probably need to get that fixed.

Offline gregory

• Insight Map Creator
« Antwort #7 am: 30 Juni 2014, 16:57:51 »
Can't reproduce this particular issue on the  internal build so if it was broken, it's fixed now.

I tried with M=Lowrance and M=M=Lowrance.

Offline fjordfischer

• Moby Dick
« Antwort #8 am: 30 Juni 2014, 17:40:52 »
Okay. now with pictures (M=Lowrance) in order:

Pic 1: Card is inserted, there is the question, entered with YES

Pic 2: Nothing appears

Pic 3: Chart source menu - You see 2 x Lowrance

Pic 4: Change to "another" Lowrance"

Pic 5: In background now You can see the chart!!!

The problem with the new start is this case i can't no more find?!?! But also without the card now i can see 2 x Lowrance.

Best wishes
Jörg

Offline gregory

• Insight Map Creator
« Antwort #9 am: 30 Juni 2014, 18:56:28 »
2 Lowrances and not switching over is reproducable.  I was more concerned about the perpetual crash.

For now, if you want it appearing under the standard Lowrance entry, don't fill in the description string.