Autor Thema: A problem with the Shape presentation  (Gelesen 7045 mal)

Offline Wolfgang

• Barsch
  • Rechtschreibfehler, kann nicht ich schreibe links.
  • My/Mein Echo Equipment: HDS-5 G1, GO-7 XSR, Totalscan
A problem with the Shape presentation
« am: 09 August 2014, 17:51:02 »
Hello,
I have some problem with the IMC:weisnicht1:

Polygon objects are not shown accordingly of the U_Limit of attribute.
Moreover, these objects disappear with shift to the map from the Map.

The problem does not appear everywhere in the map.

See the appended Screenshots (error-01 and error-02).

The problem lately appears with some projects. I do not think this this in older versions IMC the case was.

Here is the actual project to download.

These two Shapes are faded out.

In this project the same mistake appears (Sreenshots IMC-01 - imc04b).
Gruß
Wolfgang

Offline Wolfgang

• Barsch
Re: A problem with the Shape presentation
« Antwort #1 am: 10 August 2014, 15:37:03 »
I have tested this the issue once again with different versions of IMC. The mistake appears if I the map with atlas 12 produces. The atlas 10 kompilate seem to be OK.
Gruß
Wolfgang

Offline prometheus

• Insight Map Creator
    • My/Mein Tackle Equipment: standard rod and reel, cane pole, etc.
  • My/Mein Echo Equipment: Lowrance CHIRP, structure scan, and traditional sonar
« Antwort #2 am: 11 August 2014, 21:08:59 »
Four quick questions:
1) Can you send me a screenshot of the chart plotter about page?
2) can you re-build this product with an upper limit of only 19 and still get the same result? I'm wondering since some features range from 24 to 27 of the unit is trying to render too many things at once when using at5 version 12.
3) Do you notice if any of the categories are randomly turning off when you insert the chip?
4) can you attache a .sap of the project?

I did notice that the attached land shapefile was limited to an upper limit of 27, 24, 19, 16, and 13. The water shapefile was limited to 24, 16. It is possible you may have some gapping if you used some shapefiles at 34 down to 0 and others at 28 down to 0, but these were 27 down to 0 or 24 down to 0.

Thanks in advance :)

Offline Wolfgang

• Barsch
« Antwort #3 am: 16 August 2014, 10:19:03 »
Excuse for the waiting period.

The Screenshots come from the Insight Planner.

The identical one also appears with my HDS 5 Gen1. The HDS has the Firmware version 4.1.36.68.
Gruß
Wolfgang

Offline Wolfgang

• Barsch
« Antwort #4 am: 16 August 2014, 18:07:15 »
Four quick questions:
1) Can you send me a screenshot of the chart plotter about page?
2) can you re-build this product with an upper limit of only 19 and still get the same result? I'm wondering since some features range from 24 to 27 of the unit is trying to render too many things at once when using at5 version 12.
3) Do you notice if any of the categories are randomly turning off when you insert the chip?
4) can you attache a .sap of the project?

I did notice that the attached land shapefile was limited to an upper limit of 27, 24, 19, 16, and 13. The water shapefile was limited to 24, 16. It is possible you may have some gapping if you used some shapefiles at 34 down to 0 and others at 28 down to 0, but these were 27 down to 0 or 24 down to 0.

Thanks in advance :)

Hello, Adam,
I have sent you message.
Gruß
Wolfgang

Offline prometheus

• Insight Map Creator
« Antwort #5 am: 19 August 2014, 19:39:47 »
Finally figured this one out. The insight planner current version is built off an older version and has a code bug and memory limit with displaying too many polygons at once. The bug is that when too many polygons are displayed, entire polygons at various zoom levels dissappear (caused by a memory issue that prevents the data from displaying). You can get this same exact result using HDS Gen 1 with 4.1 software (this is also before we switched to a tiling system and added more memory and processing power). I'm not getting the same issue on HDS gen 2 touch with 32.5 or 3.0 software because they have a pixel culling ability where individual features with excessive amounts of polygon detail will be prevented from rendering at scales that cause memory issues. There is nothing that can be done to fix the HDS gen 1 4.1 software because it has reached the end-of-life in the product development cycle, but we are planning on a fix with the new tiling system for the insight planner through an update in the near future which will prevent this issue from occurring.

In short, you have way too many tiny polygons trying to render at too high of an upper limit (zoom level). If you filter the tiny polygons to render at much lower values of the upper limit, you can get around this issue in insight planner and HDS gen 1. For the ocean shapefile, you can use a dissolve tool to convert all tiny polygons to a single polygon and render that single polygon from 20 to 34 and use the high detail polygon for 19 and less. This same behavior can easily be duplicated with any shapefile with thousands of tiny polygons if you simply try to render them up to the upper limit 34, you can probably get your unit to crash. This same concept works with poly lines and points. If you tried to render all pois at upper limit 34, it would slowly render on a gen 2 touch with 3.0 software and then it would freeze or crash and restart.

In short, be sure de-clutter your features by scale so that you don't make all map features render at the same time for the entire map.

Offline Wolfgang

• Barsch
« Antwort #6 am: 22 November 2014, 16:46:09 »
I have tested the same dataset with the actual version (0.7.4.8).
At first sight the problem seems to be repaired.  :grossefreude1:
First of Once thanks for it.  :freude:
Gruß
Wolfgang

Offline prometheus

• Insight Map Creator
« Antwort #7 am: 02 Dezember 2014, 19:45:59 »
Ahh perfect :)
That was a hard bug to track.
For those who do not know, we had a method of auto creating features previous to 0.7.4.8 that used some unicode characters that were not properly supported by the elite. So now the automatic feature name creation uses a more simple set of characters so this issue does not happen again. These characters were not controllable by the end-user, but rather auto-created by the IMC.