Autor Thema: Need Help with the "Additional Attributes"  (Gelesen 5015 mal)

Offline Walleye11

• Jungbrut
    • My/Mein Tackle Equipment: Fishing
  • My/Mein Echo Equipment: HDS-10 G1
Need Help with the "Additional Attributes"
« am: 01 September 2014, 21:12:41 »
Can you help me with how to use.
No info in the PDF file
Can you make some shp files to look at and test out?
Will this help with contours lines that are very close to each other.

I Have HDS10 Gen1

I am working with a lake by my house that it was very fast drop offs and one thing I see using IMC is that the contours are very course (not smooth) compared to when I make maps for my Garmin with MapSource Product Creator v8.20. I use the same shp file for both. All I have to do is to change the Attributes. I Use Global Mapper 15 (64-bit) I have made my GM15 Feature Types for Lowrance and Garmin

"Added support for exact MM per pixel resolution limit specification through the
 L_ELIMIT
 U_ELIMIT
 P_ELIMIT and
 RTP_ELIMIT
numeric attributes."

Thanks
Dave

Offline gregory

• Insight Map Creator
Re: Need Help with the "Additional Attributes"
« Antwort #1 am: 01 September 2014, 22:21:05 »
The limits won't really help with the coarseness of the contours.  That happens because of the native resolution of the mapping format and beyond 1 MM/pixel can not be controlled without modifications to the format.  Modifications need to be prioritized and this particular modification is lower on the list.  This should only be noticable when very zoomed in on the map.

The best way to adjust the density is to create tiers of detail...not just a major and a minor level.

The ELIMIT attributes are optional replacements for the standard LIMIT attributes.  The LIMIT attribute uses an enumeration to reference an individual MM/pixel value.  The ELIMIT attribute is used with the actual MM/pixel value.

There isn't many reasons to switch to the ELIMIT attributes.  The biggest reason is if you're trying to tie vector data to specific raster levels.

Offline Walleye11

• Jungbrut
« Antwort #2 am: 01 September 2014, 22:44:36 »
Can you but the mapping format beyond the 1 MM/pixel format on your list to make IMC better resolution.
Thanks
Dave

Offline gregory

• Insight Map Creator
« Antwort #3 am: 01 September 2014, 23:44:02 »
It is already on my list.  Unfortunately, format changes are quite involved and are not a trivial matter to get implemented.  It should come in time but will not be any time soon.

Offline Walleye11

• Jungbrut
« Antwort #4 am: 02 September 2014, 00:32:58 »
Can't wait for it to come out! :applause: I under stand!
Thanks
Dave

Offline Walleye11

• Jungbrut
« Antwort #5 am: 10 Februar 2016, 20:39:04 »
can you give me an example of how to use these.
L_ELIMIT
U_ELIMIT
P_ELIMIT
and
RTP_EMIMIT

Thanks
Dave

Offline gregory

• Insight Map Creator
« Antwort #6 am: 10 Februar 2016, 21:17:08 »
All ELIMIT attributes are exact limits.  Standard limit attributes operate by taking the index and converting it into an exact Lowrance Mercator Meter/Pixel limit using values on the graph on Page 28 on the IMC V0.7.4.0 documentation.  The ELIMIT attributes work as a method to bypass that conversion and give a bit more granularity to the limit system.  Most people that use that feature use it to match their vector data to raster data so vector/raster composite layers come off and on together.  For traditional use, the standard limit indexes provide specific enough limits.

A Mercator Meter is meant to be a representation of 1 meter at the equator (in degrees).  As you move North or South of the equator, this value becomes proportionally smaller based off the circumference of the Earth at the positional latitude versus the circumference of the Earth at the equator and is infinitely small at either of the poles.  A Lowrance Mercator Meter, for reasons of projections and horizontal datums, is very slightly different from a traditional Mercator Meter and understanding why can be difficult for someone not familiar with different projections and horizontal datums.