Autor Thema: CLRRGB Attribute Questions  (Gelesen 3403 mal)

Offline mabrykr

• Jungbrut
    • My/Mein Tackle Equipment: Cannon Downriggers, Church Walleye Boards, Dipsy Divers
  • My/Mein Echo Equipment: HDS-9 G2T
CLRRGB Attribute Questions
« am: 01 Juni 2016, 16:22:42 »
Can the CLRRGB attribute be used in place of the COLOR attribute?  If so, is the RGB scheme limited to the conventional indexed color scheme?  If not, is the RGB scheme limited at all?

Offline gregory

• Insight Map Creator
Re: CLRRGB Attribute Questions
« Antwort #1 am: 01 Juni 2016, 16:37:44 »
Only some RGB values are supported on some units (partial implementation on all updates in the past few years except for the non-TI Elite units).  The RGB value is limited to 8-bits per channel for Red, Green, Blue, and Alpha.

It's recommended that you provide an index color in addition to the RGB color.  If an RGB color is supported, it will be preferred over the indexed color...otherwise, the indexed color is used.  If an indexed color is not provided and the RGB value is not supported, it will be transparent.

Offline mabrykr

• Jungbrut
    • My/Mein Tackle Equipment: Cannon Downriggers, Church Walleye Boards, Dipsy Divers
« Antwort #2 am: 01 Juni 2016, 16:52:22 »
Thanks for the quick response.  I'm specifically interested in the HDS G2T capabilities.  I'm trying to compile a list of supported BLUE colors.

Offline mabrykr

• Jungbrut
« Antwort #3 am: 11 Juni 2016, 05:52:15 »
After testing, it appears that the HDS-9 G2T supports any RGB combination you throw at it - more shades of blue than I need. 

Offline fjordfischer

• Moby Dick
  • My/Mein Echo Equipment: HDS-7 Carbon, HDS-7 G3, HDS-7 G2, SS3D, echoMAP-71sv
« Antwort #4 am: 11 Juni 2016, 16:24:05 »
Yes now you can create color pallets with thousands of different colors, much better as the preset colors in the attribute COLOR.