CMAP Logo Gofree Logo

Autor Thema: Google Map with Contour overlay  (Gelesen 5703 mal)

Offline Nicktech

• Jungbrut
  • My/Mein Echo Equipment: GO-7 XSE, Total Scan Transducer
Google Map with Contour overlay
« am: 20 September 2016, 19:26:24 »
Hello everyone, I am new here, having just purchased a new SIMRAD GO7 XSE with a TOTAL SCAN TRANSDUCER to replace my existing stand alone echo sounder and standalone GPS. I live in South Africa and fish mainly tidal river estuaries.

Although coastal navigation chart with great detail are available, nothing exists for the rivers in the area. Navigating on a dark river at night is almost impossible using the standard base  maps provided with this unit or any other unit for that matter thus the ability to "Create" custom "Google Earth" maps for the various estuaries is of utmost importance. To this end I have succeeded in "downloading" maps using SAS Planet, and subsequently creating "BOUND AT5 Maps" using IMC.

I have also started to record depth contours and have been uploading these to insight genesis as public maps for other users who wish to use them.

I am also able to upload said contour maps back onto my GO7, however I do not seem to be able to create a "Google" map, and then overlay the contour map in so doing creating a complete image. I can either see the google map or see the contour map but not both on the same screen.

I am at my wits end, can anybody assist me with this process.   

The unit has the latest software installed

Regards
Nick Cadle
Port Elizabeth
South Africa

Offline fjordfischer

• Moby Dick
  • My/Mein Echo Equipment: HDS-7 Carbon, HDS-7 G3, HDS-7 G2, SS3D, echoMAP-71sv
Re: Google Map with Contour overlay
« Antwort #1 am: 20 September 2016, 19:50:21 »
Note the exactly Insight Genesis chart name from your unit.

Use this name, if you create your Google Earth AT5 map, with atlas decription as "M=<IG chart name>" in the IMC.

(Advanced Options >>> Atlas Options >>> Atlas Description), look to the sample picture.

Now you can combine both charts. Important: IG chart names can contain space sign or can beginnng with space sign. Don't ignore space signs!

You also can translate this article with the Google Translator:
http://www.tacklefever.de/index.php?topic=5356.0

Offline Nicktech

• Jungbrut
« Antwort #2 am: 20 September 2016, 19:53:51 »
Thank you I will give this a try and post my findings  :fiesgrins:

Offline Nicktech

• Jungbrut
« Antwort #3 am: 20 September 2016, 20:14:45 »
Attached is a pic of the IG map name which appears on the screen when I insert it into the GO7, and the name entered into IMC is this correct?

Offline fjordfischer

• Moby Dick
  • My/Mein Echo Equipment: HDS-7 Carbon, HDS-7 G3, HDS-7 G2, SS3D, echoMAP-71sv
« Antwort #4 am: 20 September 2016, 20:22:53 »
As i can read yes.

M=Sundays River (Colchester) 486283

Offline Nicktech

• Jungbrut
« Antwort #5 am: 20 September 2016, 20:24:22 »
OK thanks, busy creating files now an will then test

Offline Nicktech

• Jungbrut
« Antwort #6 am: 20 September 2016, 21:27:31 »
fjordfischer you are a STAR  :grossefreude1:

Thank you so much it works as per the attached picture. I really do appreciate your assistance.

Know to create a "HOW TO DO" so that others can also create and upload custom maps

Thanks once again.

Kind Regards
Nick Cadle

Übersicht Insight Genesis Social Map, die Social Map wird von https://www.genesismaps.com/SocialMap angeboten.

Die blauen Punkte stellen verfügbare Social Maps dar.