Autor Thema: Is it possible to add vector data on top of satellite imagery?  (Gelesen 777 mal)

Offline noone

• Jungbrut
  • My/Mein Echo Equipment: Simrad NSS 12 EVO3
I've created a large satellite imagery shaded relief map down to .25 zoom at the water areas and was wondering if I could add a vector layer on top of this that would be selectable in my NSS12 EVO3. Thanks for any insight on how to accomplish this.

Offline arnesr

• Jungbrut im Schwarm
  • My/Mein Echo Equipment: Hook 4 5 7 9 , Elite 4 HDI + Chirp, Elite TI 5, Elite Ti2 9 + 12
Re: Is it possible to add vector data on top of satellite imagery?
« Antwort #1 am: 07 Oktober 2022, 04:32:48 »
I'm not familiar with your particular unit, but on my Lowrance unit if I build a separate vector and raster map with the same atlas description name (M=) on the SD card it will display just as you describe with the raster map overlayed with vector data.

Offline gregory

• Insight Map Creator
Re: Is it possible to add vector data on top of satellite imagery?
« Antwort #2 am: 07 Oktober 2022, 16:51:24 »
You need to set this variable -

IMG_RENDER   N   P/L/A   Opacity multiplier to render on top of raster.  If feature has an alpha of 128 (50%) and Opacity Multiplier is 128 (50%), the resulting Opacity for the feature on top of raster will be around 25%.  For points and lines, Min (0), Max (255), Default (255).  For areas, Min (-1), Max (255), Default (0).  -1 will render only the border for area features.

To specify areas, you also need to export as At5 version 13+ or you need to select "Auto Create XML" in "Advanced Options->Vector Options" and copy that At5.xml file to the card.